- The third Cenobite to appear to The Chatterer. "He didn't say anything,
just kept licking his lips and fingering the wound his belly".
- A writer and producer of movies. The Chatterer claimed that the Order of
the Gash were waiting for him.
- The Chatterer
- A stand up comic, he was born in 1912 and by the age of 19 he was a star.
"People were literally fighting to get a ticket" to his shows and
he amassed a fortune, possibly because he was prettier than other Comedians.
He also used material no one else would use, he'd "tell jokes about niggers
and cripples, Jews, spics and commies right there on the celluloid".
He "could throw money at any problem" and used his wealth to "settle
old scores" and incriminate innocent people. By 1940 he was bored of
his power and searched for the Lament Configuration; upon solving it Pinhead,
the Female Cenobite and Butterball took him to Hell where the Engineer made
him into the Chatterer. Falps of skin were twisted across his face and his
"eyeballs were crushed back" and wires were attached to his mouth
to make him "chatter". As The Chatterer he is allowed to torture
those who wander the Labyrinth free from their rooms. He doesn't know if he
died and his only companion is the sound of his teeth.
- The Chatterer thought all other comedians were ugly and they first started
telling jokes to avoid bullying as youngsters. He gives "Hope, Durante,
all three Marx Brothers, Abbot and Costello" as examples of this.
- The Engineer
- A "large scorpion, with the skin of a leprous baby, the eyes of an
angry tiger and the mouth of a great white shark". He turned The Chatterer
into a Cenobite and may have been human itself eons ago. The Chatterer claimed
he was "not the sort of guy to meet in a dark alley".
- Female Cenobite
- The second Cenobite to appear to The Chatterer, she reminded him of pithing
frogs in a biology lesson. He felt she had "come to the grave" eyes
and would like "rat poison on the rocks".
- Lord of the Configuration
- See Pinhead.
- Also: Lord of the Configuration
- The first Cenobite to appear to The Chatterer, he was "the big boss"
who "wore a crown not of thorns but of nails". The Chatterer admired
his appearance and felt he was "obviously one mean guy".
- Beverly Hills, California
- The Chatterer lived here until the Cenobites took him to Hell.
- Also: The Labyrinth
- Where the Cenobites took The Chatterer. "All the corridors are similar,
no two are the same. The walls are damp, grey stone, the floors sand. The
roots of trees frame arches to break the monotony". It is a vast Labyrinth
of ever changing corridors, it "has no maps, no system or logic for a
mind to grasp and apply order to the chaos".
- Where The Chatterer made his films.
- The Labyrinth
- See Hell.
- New York, New York
- The Chatterer's home town.
- Private Chambers
- Where those who have solved the box undergo tortures specific to them. For
these people this includes "more complicated torments, more ingenious
reflections of their life deeds".
- The Box's Stories
- These have been made into films. "They're quite good. They've got lots
of things right and most of them wrong". Mistakes include saying that
The Chatterer was a child when he solved the box.
- The Greatest Practical Joke of All
- See LeMarchand's Lament Configuration.
- House Un-American Activities Committee
- A committee dedicated to preserving the American way. The Chatterer found
it funny to inform the committee of innocent people who had upset him. He
paid people to be witnesses and enjoyed watching the innocents "suffer
and the pompous bastards of the Committee being fooled into punishing them".
- Hay's Office
- A pre-MPAA cencorship board that could of got rid of The Chatterer if his
material got too offensive.
- Jack Daniel's
- The Chatterer wished he had a bottle of this when he first saw the Cenobites.
- LeMarchand's Lament Configuration
- Also: The Greatest Practical Joke of All
- A puzzle that isn't actually a box, "just a hunk of wood with some
pretty fancy brass inlay work"; because of this The Chatterer considered
it the greatest practical joke of all. However, for others it could be "a
key to new experiences" and upon solving it the cenobites are summoned.
- Michaelangelo's David
- A professor took measurments of The Chatterer's features from publicity
shots and claimed they were in the same proportion to this piece.
- The Chatterer made over thirty of these in a decade. "They were smash
hits when they were released, people were literally fighting to get a ticket".
- Movie Producer's Soul
- The Chatterer claimed this was worth "slightly less" than a Movie
- Movie Writer's Soul
- The Chatterer claimed this was worth "roughly equivalent to that of
an inebriated gnat".
- Order of the Gash
- The Cenobites organisation. The Chatterer was made into a member by The
is born in New York
The Chatterer moves to Beverly Hills, California and becomes a famous
The Chatterer's second film is released
||Bored of his power, The Chatterer
solves the Box and is made into a Cenobite
A film incorrectly shows The Chatterer to be a child.
by Nicolas Vince
"Hellbound: Hellraiser II" by Peter Atkins and
Copyright © Cenobitical Productions
DO NOT use any part of this page without permission from Scarecrow