The Harrowing Part 2: Insurrection
- Benedict, Bunny
- An older man who lived as a woman, wearing a wig and a padded bra. She owned the Egg Museum and watched over Morte Mamme's tomb. She was dragged to Hell by Merkova. Pinhead had her look into the blood pool and watch the Harrowers battle the Furiae. Pinhead discovered her gender when preparing to torture Bunny. Pinhead attempted to mutilate her genitals with a welding iron when Bunny was rescued by Ron. Bunny passed through Morte Mamme's Furnace of Transformation. She spent her last day watching children playing. At sunset she was reborn as a young girl and went to play with them.
- The soldiers of Leviathan. The Harrowers defeated the first group of Cenobites sent against them. Morte Mamme claimed every Cenobite would feel the "anguish of defeat". Pinhead used their remains to create the Furiae.
- A group of children who were playing near the Egg Museum at sunset. Bunny spent her last day watching them. When she turned into a young girl they went and asked her to play with them.
- Claire, Lavinia
- A Harrower. Identical twin-sister of Lucinda, who is younger by thirty seconds. They weild a rope and have the power to create mirrored versions of themselves. They are also watched over by Ovid. Lavinia had short blond hair and was from a rich family. After the fight with the Cenobites, she said she and her sister were leaving. Lucinda claimed that Lavinia had got a "thrill" from the experience. When the Furiae attacked they were too scared to act. When Lavinia saw Marty rolling the egg she suggested they help. The twins used their rope and Ovid's fumes to guide the Furiae to the edge of the pit. Morte Mamme appeared to the Harrowers and told them they had to prepare for the fight against Hell.
- Claire, Lucinda
- A Harrower. Identical twin-sister of Lavinia, who is older by thirty seconds. They weild a rope and have the power to create mirrored versions of themselves. They are also watched over by Ovid. Lucinda has long, brown hair and was from a rich family. After the fight with the Cenobites, she told the others to "kindly shut up" and "prepare for the worst". Lucinda claimed that Lavinia had got a "thrill" from the experience. She suggested sending Zinc into the tomb chamber so that Gage could switch and they could gain access. When the Furiae attacked they were too scared to act. When Lavinia saw Marty rolling the egg she suggested they help. The twins used their rope and Ovid's fumes to guide the Furiae to the edge of the pit. Morte Mamme appeared to the Harrowers and told them they had to prepare for the fight against Hell.
- The Furiae
- The Furiae was created from the remains of destroyed Cenobites. Arms, legs and heads were peiced together at random with chains and hooks. When sliced open, new limbs or hooked chains emerged. Pinhead's "opaccus farrago". Leviathan instructed him to build "a creature of fury" from the remains of the destroyed Cenobites. Pinhead created it with "a drop of revenge, six parts hatred and a pinch of expertise forged with the fires of fury". Leviathan named it the Furiae and instructed it to be sent to fight the Harrowers. It caught Vera's boomerang and flung it back at her. It attempted to throttle Dublin and chains from it attempted to tear Gage apart. It was disorientated by Ovid's fumes and Lucinda and Lavinia used their rope to lead it to the edge of the pit. Marty crashed the egg museum statue into it. Marty and the Furiae fell into Morte Mame's tomb, freeing her. Marty and the Furiae were trapped there in eternal combat.
- Gage, Winston
- A Harrower. He weilds a large axe and has the power to see through the eys of Zinc and trade places with her. Winston was a large man with short, dark hair who worked at an animal shelter. He was somewhat simple minded. After fighting the Cenobites he felt "scared" but "worth something". He asked Dublin what their next move should be. He wanted to flee from the Furiae. When he attacked it with his axe, chains errupted from a neck and entangled him. He swapped places with Zinc in order to escape. He wondered what Morte Mamme meant by saying Bunny would be transformed. Morte Mamme appeared to the Harrowers and told them they had to prepare for the fight against Hell.
- The General
- A Cenobite and Leviathan's General. He had blue skin, wore a military uniform and had a spike imbedded in the top of his head. Leviathan made him suffer for his defeat by the Harrowers. He promised he would not fail again and declared war against the Harrowers.
- Children of Morte Mamme who oppose Leviathan and Hell. Morte Mamme gifted them with powers and weapons to fight against Leviathan. The new Harrowers consisted of Winston Gage, Lavinia and Lucinda, Dublin Morse, Ron Ringwood, Marty Sevenbirds and Vera Wyshak. Morte Mamme appeared to the Harrowers and told them they had to prepare for the fight against Hell.
- The God of Hell. Ruler of the Cenobites. Leviathan was a giant diamond that floated above the Labyrinth of Hell. Black light poured out from its centre. He answered Pinhead's plea to be allowed to get revenge on the Harrower's and instructed him to construct a creature from the remains of destroyed Cenobites. Leviathan named Pinhead's creation The Furiae.
- A Cenobite who was chosen by Leviathan to face the Harrowers. She had her lower legs replaced by horse hooves and part of a horses skull stitched onto her face. Pinhead was Merkova's lover. Her arms had been severed by the Harrower's and she was impaled on Marty's sword. She had dragged Bunny back to Hell with her using her teeth. She brought her to the blood pool to allow Bunny to watch the Harrower's fight the Furiae. After Bunny's escape, Pinhead removed the sword but Merkova died from the wounds caused by the "legendary sword". Pinhead cried as he swore revenge over her body.
- Morse, Dublin
- A Harrower. He weilds a knife and had the power to become invisible. Dublin had floppy brown hair and wore glasses and worked in a cinema in Chicago. He was an ex-professor who took L.S.D. to releive his boredom. He felt they barely survived the fight with the Cenobites. Gage asked Dublin what he thought they should do next and he suggested there may have been another puzzle to free Morte Mamme. He turned invisible to attack the Furiae and warned the others that cutting it open revealed new parts of it. Ron saved him from being throttled by the Furiae. Morte Mamme appeared to the Harrowers and told them they had to prepare for the fight against Hell.
- Morte Mamme
- A Goddess who had been trapped by Leviathan for thousands of years. She is female, and appears naked and with a missing left eye. She leads the Harrowers in a fight against Hell. Souls freed by the Harrowers must pass through Morte Mamme's womb and reborn. After one more day they are then reborn into a new form although she does not choose what this is. She was trapped by a Puzzle Chamber but was freed by her new Harrowers. When they released her she gave them each a weapon charged with her life-force which the Cenobites could not take. She also gave them each a different power to fight the Cenobites. Morte Mamme informed them that she still could not leave her prison and that they must rescue Bunny from Hell. When the Furiae and Marty fell into the tomb chamber, Morte Mamme was fully released as they took her place. She guided Ron's journey into Hell to save Bunny who passed through her Furnace of Transformation. After Bunny's change Morte Mamme appeared to the Harrowers to warn them to prepare for the fight against Hell.
- A guide created by Morte Mamme to watch over Lucinda and Lavinia. He has the appearance of a naked child with wings and pointed ears. He is "miasmic" and releases gas that confuses and disorientates Cenobites. Ovid used his fume to disorientate the Furiae so that the twins could guide it to the edge of the pit.
- A Cenobite and the "chosen one" of Leviathan. He had a grid cut into his face and nails hammered into the intersections. He briefly wore a welding mask and apron to do his work. He was Merkova's lover. He pleaded to be allowed to destroy the Harrowers and created the Furia under Leviathan's instructions. He watched the following battle in a pool of blood and enjoyed seeing the Harrowers suffer. He removed his mask and revealed his true face to Bunny as he prepared to torture her. Pinhead discovered Bunny was a man and threatened to mutilate his genitals. He was shocked when Ron rescued Bunny from Hell. Merkova died in his arms and Pinhead cried, swearing revenge.
- Ringwood, Ron
- A Harrower. He weilds a machete and had the power to heal any wound done to him. Ron had cropped, dark hair and worked in a tattoo store which he owned. He owned his motorcycle. After their battle Ron felt they should prepare for another attack. He thought they should avoid solving puzzles until they were ready, just before the Furiae attacked. Ron used his machete to sever an arm, saving Dublin. After it was defeated he rode his bike into Hell, guided by Morte Mamme. He grabbed Bunny and escaped without stopping. He suggested they follow Bunny to find out what she transformed into. He also suggested Morte Mamme did not say they had to stay together. Morte Mamme appeared to the Harrowers and told them they had to prepare for the fight against Hell.
- Sevenbirds, Marty
- He weilds a sword and had the power to create lightning from his hands. Marty was of Native American descent with dark hair and a descendant of Little Moon. He was a pacifist who worked repairing electrical pylons. After their battle he was worried his electric storms could have hurt the others and felt useless after losing his sword. When the Furia attacked he held back as he was unarmed. He then sed his electrical power to roll the giant egg statue from inside it. He crashed into the Furie and they both fell into the pit, freeing Morte Mamme and trapping Marty and the creature their in eternal combat. Morte Mamme told the others they would have to see to his rescue "in due time". Pinhead obtained Marty's sword that had killed Merkova and swore to use it to gain revenge.
- Wyshak, Vera
- A Harrower. She weilds a boomerang and all her bodily fluids reacted like acid towards Cenobites. Vera was a black woman with tied back hair who wore a priests outfit. She had previously escaped from deathrow. She was excited after winning their first battle with the Cenobites even though her right arm was in a sling. She spat on her boomerang to make it acidic to Cenobites. She was the first to notice the Furiae arriving. She threw her boomerang at the creature which caught it and threw it back at her. She tried spitting at it from the ground. After its defeat she was concerned for Ron going into Hell alone to find Bunny. She wanted to head her own way after their victory. Morte Mamme appeared to the Harrowers and told them they had to prepare for the fight against Hell.
- A Harrower's pet cat. Winston could see through her eyes and switch places with her. She was a ordinary cat that Winston found at the animal shelter he worked at. When Winston was engulfed by chains from the Furiae he and Zinc switched places. Being smaller Zinc escaped unharmed.
- Egg Museum
- A museum built over Morte Mamme's prison. The shut down family business belonging to Bunny. It consisted of a large dome-shaped museum fronted by a huge statue of an egg. The museum was dedicated to a stone egg monument. The Harrowers spoke to Morte Mamme here after defeating the Cenobites. The Furiae attacked the group here. Marty used the museum's stone egg to trap the Furiae and free Morte Mamme.
- A vast Labyrinth ruled by Leviathan. Home of the Cenobites and a world of torture and suffering. Pinhead constructed the Furiae here and sent it to fight the Harrowers. Ron rode his bike into Hell and freed Bunny from Pinhead. Merkova died in Hell due to a fatal wound from a Harrower weapon.
- Tomb Chamber
- A dark cave containing a puzzle chamber which kept Morte Mamme trapped. The entrance had caved in. A pit led down to the tomb chamber. Marty fell into the pit with the Furiae and were trapped in place of the released Morte Mamme.
- Blood Pool
- A pool of blood in Hell that Pinhead used to view the Harrower's fight against the Furiae. He had Merkova make Bunny look into it.
- Boomerang, Harrowers
- Harrower's weapon, charged with the life-force of Morte Mamme. Vera was given the Boomerang which had blades either end. Vera spat on it to make it more dangerous to Cenobites. She threw it at the Furiae but it was caught and thrown back at her.
- Breasts, Fake
- Bunny Benedict's fake breasts. Pinhead discovered them when removing Bunny's bra.
- Chains, Hell's
- Hell's weapon of choice. Metal chains with sharp hooks on the end. When the Furiae was cut, chains flew out of the wounds to attack the Harrowers. They entwined Gage who only escaped by switching with Zinc.
- Dagger, Harrowers
- Harrower's weapon, charged with the life-force of Morte Mamme. Dublin was given the Dagger. He stabbed the Furiae with the dagger only for more parts to emerge from the wound.
- Egg, Huge
- A giant egg statue outside the Egg Museum. Marty used his lightning power to knock down the statue and get inside. He smashed the egg into the building and used it to collide with the Furiae. The egg shattered, knocking the Furiae and Marty into the pit leading to the tomb chamber.
- Fumes, Ovid's
- Fumes released by Ovid that disorientated the Furiae so that it moved towards the pit.
- Furnace of Transformation
- Also: Morte Mamme's Womb
- The womb of Morte Mamme. Each soul rescued from Hell is enfolded into her womb, the furnace of transformation. They are then reborn in the same in the same form "until the next sunset" and then they transform into a new form. Bunny went through this process and had one day as a man before being reborn as a young girl.
- Machete, Harrowers
- Harrower's weapon, charged with the life-force of Morte Mamme. Ron was given the Machete. He used it to slice off a hand of the Furiae that was throttling Dublin. When he rode into Hell Ron used the machete to shatter the chains holding Bunny and rescue her.
- Motorbike, Ron's
- A motorbike belonging to Ron. He rode it into Hell to rescue Bunny, shattering her chains and grabbing her without stopping.
- "One Day"
- Souls who pass through Morte Mamme's womb have "one day", before the next sunrise, in their old form before being reborn. Bunny used it to sit and watch the children playing.
- Opaccus Farrago
- A dense and confusing mixture. Pinhead described the Furiae as his oppaccus farrago.
- Puzzle of the Tomb Chamber
- A puzzle in the Tomb Chamber that bound Morte Mamme. The Harrowers solved it and released her from her bonds, although she was still trapped in the chamber.
- Those saved from Hell are reborn through Morte Mamme. After a day has passed they will transform into their new form.
- Altering of the flesh. Pinhead claimed Bunny had been attempting to re-configure her own flesh by living as a woman.
- Sword, Harrowers
- Harrower's weapon, charged with the life-force of Morte Mamme. Marty was given the Sword. He lost his sword after fatally impaling Merkova with it. Pinhead obtained the sword after Merkova's death and swore to use it to gain revenge.
- Welding Iron
- Pinhead used this in constructing the Furiae. He was later prepared to use it to mutilate Bunny's genitals.
- Welding Mask
- Pinhead wore this whislt constructing the Furiae. He removed it to reveal his true face to Bunny.
- Womb, Morte Mamme's
- See Furnace of Transformation.
|10th May, 1992
||Pinhead creates the Furiae and sends it to attack the Harrowers. Marty and the Furiae become trapped in the tomb and Morte Mamme is released fully. Ron rescues Bunny from Hell. Merkova dies in Pinheads arms and he swears revenge. Bunny becomes a young girl.
|11th May, 1992
Morte Mamme tells the Harrowers to prepare. The General declares war on the Harrowers.
Clive Barker's Hellraiser, Book 18: "The Harrowing Part 2: Insurrection" by Clive Barker, Malcolm Smith, Anna Miller, Fred Vicarel, Alex Ross & John Costanza
Copyright © Cenobitical Productions
DO NOT use any part of this page without permission from Scarecrow