The Devil's Brigade: Call to Arms
- Abaddon, Father Peter
- A priest in the Roman Catholic Church. He could open the Church's eyes to "the concerns of modern society" or "be the torch bearer of a new inquisition". Balberith was assigned to make sure "fascist condemnation" won through.
- The first Cenobite summoned by Flagellum. She wears a leather dominatrix-style suit and carries a whip, her head is shaven with large spikes inserted into it and she has zippers stretching up from either side of her mouth. She was with the Blemmyes in their pit when Flagellum summoned her. As a member of the Vasa Iniquitatis she was assigned Michael Decourcy.
- The third Cenobite summoned by Flagellum. He has white skin and orange hair, wears green combat trousers and has ammunition rounds going in and out of his flesh. Flagellum visited him in his "unnumbered circle". He blasphemes against Leviathan but is tolerated so that he can be of use such as in The Time of Configuration. As a member of the Vasa Iniquitatis he was assigned Lester George and Jillian Eliot.
- The fourth Cenobite summoned by Flagellum. She is Hell's Librarian and appears very old with her glasses stitched into her face. She knew about The Time of Configuration by reading Robert Yaeger's Dictionnaire Infernal. As a member of the Vasa Iniquitatis she was assigned Father Peter Abaddon.
- A massive serpent with a humanoid body and head. Basalisk dances with Chidna at the centre of Hell, "their double-helix dance steps mirroring the grace and power of Hell's own patterns". In the Time of Configuration they began to tear each other apart, a "ravaging anarchy whose reflection can only spread outward in the pool of the abyss".
- Demonic creatures that exist in a massive pit where they indulge in a massive and constant orgy. They know pleasure as well as the Cenobites know pain.
- A massive serpent with a humanoid body and head. Chidna dances with Basalisk at the centre of Hell, "their double-helix dance steps mirroring the grace and power of Hell's own patterns". In the Time of Configuration they began to tear each other apart, a "ravaging anarchy whose reflection can only spread outward in the pool of the abyss".
- Decourcy, Michael
- The leader of a nation that could either find new enlightened ways of conduct or return to savage oppression. Abigor was assigned Decourcy to make sure fascism won.
- Eliot, Jillian
- The partner of Lester George. They are police officers in "an inner city maelstrom" who can "serve their uniform as officers of order" or they can give in to the chaos and be at the centre of a race riot that could tear apart the city. Atkins was assigned to keep the order.
- The second Cenobite summoned by Flagellum. Face wears a black leather suit and has no skin, instead he staples other people's faces over his own. Flagellum found him in his theatre preparing a performace of live torture. As a member of the Vasa Iniquitatis he was assigned Leo Shabel.
- Favoured One
- See Pinhead
- Also: The Watcher of the Order
- An obese female Cenobite that has blue skin, wears a tiny leather suit and has a crown of steel rods imbedded in her skull and around her eyes. As a human she led an empty life and was a virgin. She sleeps at the centre of Hell where she dreams of Chidna and Basilisk and Hell's pure order. She awakes at The Time of Configuration and finds the two serpents tearing each other apart. She disembowelled herself and cast her entrails in order to discover what she had to do. She summoned Abigor, Atkins, Balberith and Face to Leviathan who spoke through her and instructed them on their tasks. Flagellum then waited at the centre of Hell, unable to sleep, where she flagellated herself hoping they would not fail her.
- George, Lester
- The partner of Jillian Eliot. They are police officers in "an inner city maelstrom" who can "serve their uniform as officers of order" or they can give in to the chaos and be at the centre of a race riot that could tear apart the city. Atkins was assigned both of them to keep the order.
- Gideli, Dr. Casey
- A doctor working on a cure for AIDS. Her work could be a "metodical application of science and logic" but could also threaten to unleash a deadly plague. Pinhead was commanded to help her find the cure.
- The God of Hell in whose purity of form the Cenobites are created. Leviathan is a massive diamond that hovers above the Labyrinth and shoots out beams of black light. He instructed Flagellum to summon the Vasa Iniquitatis from the depths of Hell. He spoke through her in order to instruct the Vasa Iniquitatis on their tasks.
- Also: Favoured One
- The fifth member of the Vasa Iniquitatis who needed no summoning. Pinhead resides in the lowest pit of Hell. He knows Leviathan's mind and is "son and lover" to the Lord of Hell. As a member of the Vasa Iniquitatis he was assigned Dr Casey Gideli.
- Shabel, Leo
- Leo Shabel's community is in disorder which "he can overcome, pulling form out of the void" though the despair around him could drive him to chaotic insanity. Face was assigned Leo Shabel to make sure order prevailed.
- The Watcher of the Order
- See Flagellum
- Yaeger, Robert
- Author of his "Dictionnaire Infernal" in which Balberith read about The Time of Configuration.
- Armoury, Atkins'
- Atkin's "unnumbered circle" of Hell. Here he keeps a vast collection of varied weaponry. Flagellum travelled here to recruit him for the Vasa Iniquitatis.
- A vast Labyrinth ruled by Leviathan. At its centre Flagellum sleeps and, below her, the Basilisk and Chidna dance in a perfect order that mirrors Hell. In the Time of Configuration the two serpents begin to fight and threaten to destroy Hell.
- Library, Hell's
- A library of occult literature watched over by Balberith. The books are made out of living human flesh and contain information on Hell such as the coming of the Time of Configuration.
- Pit, Blemmyes
- Where the Blemmyes indulge in an eternal orgy. Flagellum found Abigor.
- Theatre, Face's
- A massive Theatre in Hell where Face performs plays that consist of people being tortured. Flagellum discovered Face preparing for a performance here.
- "The art of divination through the casting and reading of entrails". A virgin's worked best. Flagellum used her own entrails to discover about the Time of Configuration.
- Dictionnaire Infernal
- A book in Hell's Library written by Robert Yaeger that spoke of the Time of Configuration on page 229. When Balberith left it called for "sweet shifting, changing, glorious chaos" to prevail.
- Nexus, Human
- The six human Nexus points were Jullian Eliot, Lester George, Leo Shabel,
Dr. Casey Gideli, Michael Decourcy and Father Peter Abaddon.
- The Time of Configuration
- "A test of the purity of form. Cosmic forces place select sentient beings at crossroads of order and chaos. Shaould the majority choose paths of structure, blessed order will preval. But should a greater number of the chosen walk the road of damned chaos they very fabric of Hell's reality is placed at risk". At this time Chidna and Basilisk began to fight and Flagellum awoke to summon the Vasa Iniquitatis in order to make sure order was victorious.
||The Time of Configuration arrives and Flagellum summons the Vasa Iniquitatis in order to prevent Hell falling into Chaos.
Clive Barker's Hellraiser, Book 7: "The Devil's Brigade: Call to Arms" by D.G. Chichester, Dwayne McDuffie, Paris Cullens, Tom Palmers, Gloria Vasquez & Phil Felix
Copyright © Cenobitical Productions
DO NOT use any part of this page without permission from Scarecrow