Under the Knife
- Abberline, Detective Inspector Frederick
- Scotland Yard policeman on the Jack the Ripper case. He thought he had Jack cornered at 13 Miller's Court, but found only Mary Kelly's corpse.
- Bright Eyes
- Cenobite summoned by the Heart of Damnation. The sister of The Voice. Her mouth is sealed shut with large staples and she is dressed in a black leather suit. She accompanied Saucy Jack, The Voice, Butterball and The Engineer to Earth.
- Cenobite summoned by the Heart of Damnation. He is obese with a bloated, mutilated head. He accompanied Saucy Jack, The Voice, Bright Eyes and The Engineer to Earth.
- Scotland Yard policeman who worked with Inspector Abberline on the Jack the Ripper case.
- Chicago Ripper
- See Martinac, Dr. Glenda
- The doctor assigned to do the coroner's report on Glenda and Hank. The police lieutenant told him about the strange facts associated with the case.
- The Engineer
- Summoned by the Heart of Damnation. It is a large, lizard-like demon with yellow, cat-like eyes and a large mouth full of jagged teeth. It holds itself to the walls of Hell by it's back legs. It accompanied Saucy Jack, The Voice, Bright Eyes and Butterball to Earth.
- Jack the Ripper / Saucy Jack
- Also: Saucy Jack
- Cenobite summoned by the Heart of Damnation. A serial killer who liked to
mutilate prostitutes. The reason for his murders was that he was searching
for the Heart of Damnation. He discovered it in the form of the heart of Mary
Kelly, his last victim. He also sent out letters to encourage newspaper articles
to be written about him. He burnt one from "The Penny Illustrated" to open
the gateway to Hell where he was remade as the cenobite Saucy Jack. As a Cenobite
he is dressed in black leather and a short cape. He also has mechanical hands with various knives for fingers.
He wanted to take Glenda to Hell but Hank stabbed the Heart of Damnation with
a knife. Angered, Saucy Jack killed them both.
- Kelly, Mary
- Jack the Ripper's final victim. She was 25 years old and three months pregnant at the time of her death. She lived at 13 Miller's Court, right off of Dorset Street. After mutilating her, Jack ripped out her heart and discovered it was the Heart of Damnation. A picture of her corpse was included in the Scotland Yard file.
- Policeman who investigated Hank and Glenda's murder scene. He explained to Doc about the unusual facts associated with the murder. He knew Hank and thought "he should have been a cop." When he saw "-30-" written in blood he hoped Hank was right that it was all over.
- Lloyd, Rebecca
- The third victim of the Chicago Ripper. She was 22 and died of multiple stab wounds.
- Martinac, Dr. Glenda
- Also: Chicago Ripper, Southside Ripper, Glenda Martinez
- A professor of sociology at Oxford. She wrote her thesis on Jack the Ripper.
She killed 3 people in imitation of Jack the Ripper, including Rebecca. She
talked to Hank so that he'd publish a story about her deeds in the paper.
While in a hotel room with Hank, she stabbed him and solved the Heart of Damnation.
She burned a newspaper with his story about her in it, in order to solve the
puzzle. This summoned the Cenobites. They were about to take her to Hell
when Hank stabbed the Heart of Damnation. This enraged Saucy Jack and he killed
- Martinez, Glenda
- See Martinac, Dr. Glenda
- She told Simon that she thought Hank was "a burned-out reporter" and that he couldn't handle the Chicago Ripper story.
- Saucy Jack
- See Jack the Ripper / Saucy Jack
- Hank's boss at the Chicago Times-Journal. He got Scotland Yard's Jack the Ripper file for Hank to use in his story. After Hank printed his front page story, he told Hank not to pressure the police into catching the killer so they could boost their circulation.
- Southside Ripper
- See Martinac, Dr. Glenda
- The Voice
- Cenobite summoned by the Heart of Damnation. The sister of Bright Eyes.
She has chains going into her empty eye sockets and is dressed in a black
leather suit. She accompanied Saucy Jack, The Voice, Butterball and The Engineer to Earth.
- Windell, Hank
- A newspaper reporter at the Chicago Times-Journal. His wife died in 1990, but he always gets to the "-30-" of the story he's on. He located Glenda on "Hell" Street and talked to her about Rebecca's murder. He turned it into a front page story "Atrocity of the Southside Ripper -- Revealed." While at a hotel with Glenda, he was stabbed by her. She solved the Heart of Damnation and summoned the Cenobites. Hank stabbed the Heart of Damnation with a knife. Saucy Jack killed Hank and Glenda for doing this. Before dying, Hank managed to write "-30-" on the floor in his own blood.
- 13 Miller's Court, London
- Mary Kelly's small apartment. Where Jack killed her and entered Hell. It was at the end of Dorset Street.
- Dorset Street, London
- The nearest street to Miller's Cross. It stank of "poverty and despair".
- "Hell" Street, Chicago
- A bad area of Chicago which cabbies and police tried to stay away from. Rebecca and Glenda lived at 1821.
- Hotel Room
- After Hank's front page story came out, he got a hotel room with Glenda. She stabbed him here, and solved the Heart of Damnation. The Cenobites arrived and killed both of them. Hank wrote "-30-" on the floor in his own blood here.
- London, England
- The location of Dorset Street and Miller's Court.
- Morgue, Chicago
- Hank went here during his investigation.
- Nan's Diner
- Where Hank and Glenda discussed Rebecca's murder.
- Where Hank works. He was given the file on Jack the Ripper here and was told to work on the story by Simon.
- The end. Hank always gets to the "-30-" of his stories. Before his death he managed to write "-30-" on the floor in his own blood.
- Chicago Sun Tribune-Journal
- Also: Chicago Times-Journal
- The news paper Hank worked for.
- Chicago Times-Journal
- See Chicago Sun Tribune-Journal
- File, Scotland Yard's
- Labeled "Key Documents File Det Inspector Abberline Scotland Yard," it contained information on Jack the Ripper. Inside were newspaper clippings, Jack's letters and photographs of victims including Mary Kelly. Simon gave this to Hank to help in his investigation of the Chicago Ripper.
- Heart of Damnation
- A puzzle that, once opened, summoned the Cenobites. To solve it Hell's words must be burnt. Jack found it as Mary Kell's heart and burnt an article on him to open it. It had become a cube by the time Glenda solved it using Hank's front page story on her murders. Hank stabbed it with Glenda's knife.
- Hell's Words
- Burning Hell's words was the key to solving the Herat of Damnation. For Glenda they were Hank's story about her and for Jack they were an article from "The Penny Illustrated".
- Knife, Dr Glenda Martinac's
- Glenda used this to stab Hank before solving the Heart of Damnation. When the Cenobites arrived Hank removed the knife from his chest and used it to stab the puzzle angering Saucy Jack.
- Knife, Jack the Ripper's
- Jack the Ripper's weapon of choice.
- Letter, Jack the Ripper's
- A letter Jack sent to the Central News Agency on 25 Sep 1888. They later published it in a newspaper to see if anyone could identify the writing. It was included in Scotland Yard's file.
- The Penny Illustrated
- The front page article "Bloody Murder" was about Jack the Ripper. Jack burnt it in order to open the Heart of Damnation.
- Photograph, Mary Kelly
- A photograph of Mary Kelly after she was murdered. It was kept in Scotland Yard's file on Jack the Ripper. Hank showed it to Glenda and asked if Rebecca looked the same.
|1888 Sept 25
||Jack the Ripper writes his letter.
|1888 Nov 9
Jack the Ripper kills Mary Kelly and find the Heart of Damnation. Jack is taken to Hell.
|1991 (day 1)
The Chicago Ripper kills Rebecca Lloyd.
|1991 (day 2)
||2:25pm: Simon tells Hank to write a story on the Chicago Ripper.
Hank and Glenda talk about Rebecaa.
|1991 (day 3)
Hanks story is published on the front page. Glenda solves the Heart of Damnation and summons the Cenobites. Hanks stabs the puzzle and angers Saucy Jack. The Cenobites leave after killing Hank and Glenda. The police investigate the murder scene.
Clive Barker's Hellraiser, Book 7: "Under the Knife" by Ron Wolfe, Bill Rheinhold, L. Lessman & Willie Schubert
Copyright © Cenobitical Productions
DO NOT use any part of this page without permission from Scarecrow