- Uncle Barney
- Whitcomb's Uncle and one of the victims of Byron's fire. Hunger made him
into his First Cenobite Pet.
- "Black hair, real tall", he is Whitcomb's cousin. When he was younger he
discovered his father was a puzzle guardian and tried to tell Whitcomb who
believed he was insane. His father forced him to read the Book of Riddles
as a child. He set the fire at the Old Home Place to kill his father but failed.
He solved the Book of Riddles and summoned Hunger. Whitcomb pushed him into
the Cenobite Pets to save himself. His father carried his decapitated head.
- Byron's Father
- Byron's father is the puzzle guardian for the Book of Riddles, he has grey
skin, a bald head and wears a grey robe. He used to force Byron to read from
the book when he was a child. Byron set the fire at the Old Home Place to
try and kill him but he escaped to Hell. Whitcomb saw him carrying Byron's head
after the Book of Riddles had been solved.
- One of the firemen called to the Old Home Place. He followed Whitcomb into the house where they became trapped. He saw Osier get killed before being killed himself by the Second Cenobite Pet.
- Cenobite summoned by the Book of Riddles. He is extremely thin with a large
mouth. He created two Cenobite Pets from those who died in the fire at the
Old Home Place before taking Whitcomb and Byron to Hell.
- Hunger Pet 1
- Pet created by Hunger from the remains of Byron's family. It had Uncle Barney's
head and Cousin Meg's hands, ribs stuck out of its back. It killed Osier at
the top of the stairs.
- Hunger Pet 2
- Pet created by Hunger from the remains of Byron's family. It is composed
of numerous arms and has half a dozen heads. Whitcomb recognised some of these
as Val and Aunt Timmie. It killed one of the Firemen.
- Hunger Pet 3
- Cenobite Pet that accompanied Hunger from Hell. It has a women's face.
- Hunger Troop 1
- Cenobite summoned by the Book of Riddles. He has yellow eyes, a mouth full
of sharp fangs and pointed ears. It accompanied Hunger to take Whitcomb and
Byron to Hell.
- Hunger Troop 2
- Cenobite summoned by the Book of Riddles. The flesh of its
face is so mutilated, it resembles a walnut shell eating its neck. It accompanied
Hunger to take Mary and Vincent to Hell
- Hunger Troop 3
- Cenobite summoned by the Book of Riddles. It possess a very tall forehead
. It's mouth and nose are either missing or obscured by its collar. It accompanied
Hunger to take Whitcomb and Byron to Hell.
- Hunger Troop 4
- Cenobite summoned by the Book of Riddles. It's skin appears to be made entirly of burn scars and it has no features except a grinning mouth.
- Hunger Troop 5
- Cenobite summoned by the Book of Riddles. It has pale white skin and pointed ears, resembling Nosferatu.
- Hunger Troop 6
- Cenobite summoned by the Book of Riddles. It has pale blue skin with a grid marked across its head.
- Whitcomb's cousin and one of the victims of Byron's fire. Whitcomb had watched
her play the piano lots and she was very good at it. Hunger used her arms
in creating his First Cenobite Pet.
- One of the firemen called to the Old Home Place. He followed Whitcomb into
the house where they became trapped. He was killed by the First Cenobite Pet.
- Aunt Timmie
- Whitcomb's Aunt and one of the victims of Byron's fire. Hunger used parts
of her for his Second Cenobite Pet..
- Whitcomb's cousin and one of the victims of Byron's fire. She had a sixth
month old baby. Hunger used parts of her for his Second Cenobite Pet.
- Val's Baby
- Was six months old when it was killed in Byron's fire.
- Whitcomb, Steve
- Byron's cousin, Whitcomb was told about the Book of Riddles but didn't believe
it. Byron left him a note warning him away from the family reunion, when he
arrived everyone was dead. He found Byron and attacked him before being confronted
by the Cenobite Pets. He gave Byron to the Cenobites hoping they'd leave him.
Hunger and his troops surrounded Whitcomb before taking him to Hell.
- Old Home Place
- The old home of Whitcomb's grandfather, named by his Uncles, the family
reunion took place here. Byron started a fire here that killed all the occupents.
- Book of Riddles
- A puzzle guarded by Byron's father. He would force Byron to read the riddles: "What do you do with a baby?" "Bash its brains out on the black tone." Byron used the book to summon the Cenobite
"Hunger" and his troops.
- Note, Byron's
- Byron left this under the hood of Whitcomb's car. It read "Sorry I had to
do this, Steve. But I don't think you'll want to be at the family reunion
this year. You know I always liked you and don't blame you for the way things
turned out. At least you tried to help. Don't try to come if you know what
I mean. Byron."
||Byron tells Whitcomb that his
father is inhuman. He tells him about the Book of Riddles.
|1990 day 1
||Whitcomb finds a note from Byron warning him away from the family reunion.
|1990 day 2
||Byron sets a fire in the Old
Home Place killing the occupents. Byron solves the Book of Riddles. Hunger
takes Byron and Whitcomb to Hell.
Clive Barker's Hellraiser, Book 5: "Fire Trap"
by James Robert Smith & Mike Hoffman
Copyright © Cenobitical Productions
DO NOT use any part of this page without permission from Scarecrow